Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I havn't activated it yet and I have 27 days left

edit: if I just stick to a newer socket A processor and some more ram will that screw up the activation

no it shouldnt. M$ counts a new mobo as a new computer. i think if you change the processor it will work. but to be on the safe side you might want to install the cpu before you activate just to be sure.

if i actually end up replacing the mobo couldn't I just call ms and say my hard drive crashed and get a new key or somethin?

They do know it is OEM. Just by the code it generates. Each Serial is unique to either Retail or OEM. Each code is unique to each serial so that way when it generates a code it will tell them by the code that it is either OEM or Retail.

So be prepared for a good excuse. The HDD excuse doesnt always work. Because if you have to format again in a couple of months and use it again then they know something is up.

Say for example it did work, so you now had 2 serials does that mean that you could keep 1 pc with the first serial u had and then use the new one on a 2nd pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom