Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
zmatt said:
will it work? i never thought of using an XP driver for Vista, but you cant use a 2000 pro driver for XP and they have more in common than XP and Vista do.

yep. 2000 drivers worked in the same manner. you could not get them to work to the normal install.

so your saying I could install the xp drivers for my webcam in vista in a compatability mode or something?

my computer's pretty crappy and the only thing in vista that makes me mad is glitchy video playback

mikee i would recommend a video card upgrade anyways. you can pickup a Geforce 6 series card for cheap nowadays. and with that your gaming wll improve and videos will not be a problem, that is except for HD which the ^ series dont support, for that you need a 7 series.

zmatt said:
mikee i would recommend a video card upgrade anyways. you can pickup a Geforce 6 series card for cheap nowadays. and with that your gaming wll improve and videos will not be a problem, that is except for HD which the ^ series dont support, for that you need a 7 series.

I don't really care about HD but I'm not sure that it's my video card because the videos do the same thing in basic ui too, but in both aero and basic the cpu usage spikes up. could the high cpu usage slow the videos down.

yes it could. what is the clock speed of your cpu. i have had video slow downs on 1.5ghz P4s before. so that could very well be it.
here is a XP 2200+ at geeks.com. its really cheap so that might be able to give you the bump you need.

clock speed is 1.5GHZ but i though it was the 1800 part that mattered in amd processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom