Windows Vista Discussion - Page 208 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:44 PM   #2071 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

Quote:
Originally posted by BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL
ya thats what i heard, My friend said he was afraid of limewire on vista becuase they can monitor what you do, and can get you in trouble.
I used LimeWire Pro on Vista RC2 and it ran fine, i wasn't paranoid.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:09 AM   #2072 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to tommyboy123x

Seems to be a bit of an infringment on my constitutional right to browse the world's information freely!! I guess it would be **** easy too huh... i mean what just a few million people reading billions of lines a day typed in by everyone using a windows computer.

I could do it in my sleep... i mean to make it work with millions of programs in all kinds of languages - machine and human.

While they're at it, i bet they threw in a keylogger or two, screen recorders (video of ur screen, that is), and other things, then put in a fancy interface and blamed the "high minimum requirements" on it.

And just incase some ******* wants to keep windows off the internet... they made it so you can always find an internet connection wherever you want to go so they can do all of this monitoring. They call it the MicroWAVE internet - it is used ONLY to monitor what you do with your computer and the central servers of this MicroWAVE internet have 10 yettabytes of storage to hold all this **** about nothing and where people have visited or run

sorry, it was too **** fun writting this ********

Dollar Hauler [dot] Com :)
Old 01-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #2073 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by talldude123
I used LimeWire Pro on Vista RC2 and it ran fine, i wasn't paranoid.

that don't mean anything. they did block a couple of things of the beta version, but they haven't even got started yet.

they can get on your computer and do things. like deleting that illegal version of office (and whatever else) on your computer or making your dvd burner inoperable
Old 01-30-2007, 12:32 AM   #2074 (permalink)
Vinsanity

Send a message via AIM to BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
that don't mean anything. they did block a couple of things of the beta version, but they haven't even got started yet.

they can get on your computer and do things. like deleting that illegal version of office (and whatever else) on your computer or making your dvd burner inoperable
That's some bs, that takes away from the hwoel point of a "PERSONAL COMPUTER" so u can do whatever you want with it. If i find out that htis is really true shoot i might just stick with xp.
-Buffalo 2x1gb ddr2 800
-Hitachi 250gb Sata HDD
-Antec Minuet Case w/ 350w psu
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Old 01-30-2007, 01:17 AM   #2075 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL
That's some bs
I'm afraid not. if you had ever been paying attention(remember 2003?), they've been throwing hints around at doing this. well, now it's finally here.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.ph...22#post1081622

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gtkivc
Old 01-30-2007, 03:51 PM   #2076 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

Well, today is Vista's release date. Wathing TV, I saw this guy explaining Vista to the "dummies", and oh boy, he didn't know what he was talking about (Future Shop Salesman). Somebody asked "What are the system requirements", and he's saying that they ALL need 512 RAM. What about the Home Basic? Somebody else mentioned that they got a new computer and was wondering if Vista ran it, and he should've pressed "Windows key+Pause".

Uhh...idiots.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:16 PM   #2077 (permalink)
The Bulldog

well there maybe some truth to the limewire thing. on my setup limewire crashes the computer, but when i looked at the error logs it looked like a java issue, and not a M$ keeping you from pirating issue.

what we do know is that M$ is in bed with the record labels and the movie industry. but monitoring your computer, violates your rights (at least in America) and i doubt they would win that supreme court battle.I dont think gates is dumb enough to try it, with the thing about Sony's Rootkit, they could never get by with it. And if they are doing it, whem we find hard evidence, it will be a huge lawsuit, they will most likely loose, adn exveryone will go back to XP, buy a mac, or use Linux.

ポップ・タルトが大好きです。
<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
Old 01-31-2007, 08:04 AM   #2078 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

That Ain't Good...
I spied some bad news in our forums for some of you HP printer owners that are looking to go Vista.

We are sorry to inform you that there will be no Windows Vista printer driver available for your HP product. Therefore your product will not work with Windows Vista.

If you are using the Windows Vista operating system on your computer, please consider upgrading to a newer HP product that is supported on Windows Vista.

HP has numerous products on the market that support Windows Vista:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1151190
Old 01-31-2007, 11:15 AM   #2079 (permalink)
Master Techie

how new is the printer?
500GB WD 5000AAKX-001CA0
1.5 TB Seagate ST1500DM003
Zotac Geforce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Old 01-31-2007, 01:32 PM   #2080 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default thanks

wah wah nice topic

Closed Thread