Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
only if u bought OEM, not retail. Retail you can install as many times as you like but only have it installed on one computer at a time. OEM you are not meant to be able to reactivate and M$ are meant to stop you from doing this but theres always a way to get round it. You could just say you did a format of ur HDD and it requires u to reactivate. I did that with XP a lot.

Mentali$T said:
only if u bought OEM, not retail. Retail you can install as many times as you like but only have it installed on one computer at a time. OEM you are not meant to be able to reactivate and M$ are meant to stop you from doing this but theres always a way to get round it. You could just say you did a format of ur HDD and it requires u to reactivate. I did that with XP a lot.

So wait if I was to buy the OEM version on newegg, the vista home premium for $120. I wont be able to install it on my computer as many times as i can. Cuz doesnt it just come with a cd key to enter liek xp. Cuz i have a burned edition of windows xp pro *gasp*lol and me and my cuzin share it. But i ahve installed it on liek over 4 diff computers total and lik 20 different times everytime i reformat. I know thats illegal, but wiLL IT STILL WORK LIEK THAT ON VISTA? CUZ THATS WHAT IM USED TO. sorry i accidently pessed caps but too lazy to go back and retype it lol

mikee said:
with vista do you think it will run ok only having 768mb ram instead of 1gb?

Depends on the rest of the system. Are you talking about your system?

It should RUN, but it won't have as much eye-candy with the low video card and CPU.

The fx5500 is one of the supported cards so the eye candy should show up shouldn't it.

Afterall the premuim requirements are 1ghz 1gb ram and a supported dx9 graphics card and I have all that except i only have 768 mb ram and I plain to upgrade that anyway.

mikee said:
Afterall the premuim requirements are 1ghz 1gb ram and a supported dx9 graphics card and I have all that except i only have 768 mb ram and I plain to upgrade that anyway.

I thought that was the basic requirements?

I don't know AMD that well, but would your system be about the speed of a 1.6 P4?

talldude123 said:
I thought that was the basic requirements?

I don't know AMD that well, but would your system be about the speed of a 1.6 P4?
[/QUOTE

it would be the equivilant of a 1.8 p4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom