Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they do. Cause they do not need the high amount of support, drivers and software compatability than regular users do.

With businesses they mainly need Vista and Office to work. Which they do. Other than that they dont need all sorts of burning apps and drivers to work.

I thought they made the drivers already, nvidia has drivers out already and when I have vista b2 alot of my things just worked right when vista was installed

The drivers were built specifically for the Betas not for the RTM builds. Also alot of things did work but Nero gave problems along with quite a few other apps. I know i wouldnt be happy if i couldnt use all the same apps that i use on XP on Vista after it was released. What would be the point of upgrading if you cant use all the stuff that you are using now?

Plus it doesnt matter either way you look at it. M$ is releasing it to Businesses in Dec. To end users in Jan. Nothing we can do to stop them. As of right now i really wouldnt spend the $$ on Vista since it is so close to XMas. I will wait till after my taxes and get it.

Plus you have to remember it isnt just drivers. It is software and the 64 Bit drivers and software that all have to work. I know for a fact that there are still Tons of drivers that dont work right with Vista. Espically 64Bit versions. There is still a long list of apps that i use that dont work right in Vista. so there is still work to be done by developers before it can be released and ready.

No. Paul Thurott was a part of the beta. He got a RTM Build right from them. He is one of hte "writers" that is on M$'s payroll. He gives them and their products some good reviews and he gets free software.

At least that is what i gather of Paul. He is wrong more times than not. My best guess is that he has a friend on the inside that gave him a copy of the build. It has been known to happen.

But i have also known Thurrott to use Leaked builds and download them like other people. Plus being in the Beta gets you special gifts. It could be that he was given a copy of the RTM. But i think it is more than likely that he got build 5840 which was leaked. If he has anything with a 6000 or higher i highly doubt it.

Plus those images could also be photoshopped.

Allchin On Vista Security
VistaÂ’s security features, telling reporters heÂ’s comfortable letting his 7 year old son use a Vista box with no antivirus installed.

"I'll give you an example: It's my favorite feature within Windows Vista, it's called ASLR (Address Space [Layout] Randomization). What it does is, each Windows Vista machine is slightly different than every other Windows Vista machine. So even if there is a remote exploit on one machine, and a worm tries to jump from one machine to another, the probability of that actually succeeding is very small."

http://www.betanews.com/article/Allchin_Suggests_Vista_Wont_Need_Antivirus/1163104965

Here is a good joke for you guys. It was RTM on Nov 7th. It has already leaked to the net with a Activation Crack. the final build that was RTM'd. That is just so funny.

where did you get that piece of news makavelli

Some one told me that the gadgets on the vista sidebar are xml applications. I thought XML is just a markup language which is used for displaying stuff.
how then is the clock or the mosaic game (for examples) on the vista sidebar done in xml?

Yes that is what i am saying. I have had several people already confirm this with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom