Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
ingeborgdot said:
What operating systems are you guys running. Just curious. Anyone who reads this can please answer. Thanks.

most here are running xp pro or home
some have linux also
some win2000

+ odd few more

we are actually bashing vista.

XP is the latest technology, that why we use it. I use MCE 2005.

but if you must know.

1.MAC don't work on PC's (they are going to be changing that)
2. lnux isn't user friendly as it could be
3.windows has more holes than swiss cheese
4.the reason for no.3 is because MS is insistent on tracking your activites (this uses up half of it's resource)
5.IE (nuff said)

Tyler1989 said:
furtivefelon not everyone will have the same theme read up on Vista. There are three themes Areo, Areo Glass, Areo Diamond. Each one is better than the other and depending on your vid card you will have a certian theme. Also check the minimum specs on the first post in this thread if you can only use classic theme Vista is not for you heck XP may be too much even.

well, classical is a theme as well.. it just happens to be my favorite..

how is xp too much for me if i use classical theme?! tell me one area where windows actually take adventage of it's growing boring theme??

no, everyone will be using Areo Diamond, because by the time vista comes out, computer will be at least powerful enough to sport the most "entertaining" theme there is.. Yes, people have a choice over three theme, but they will use only one..

theme is just a theme, if any third party program requires me to use a certain theme, i'm definately not using that program..

Running Windows XP x64 on the desktop, 2003 Server on the Server, Slackware 10.1 on the linux box, and Windows XP SP2 on the laptop. My workstation at work has NT 4.0 Server on it. (It used to perform DHCP duties, etc)

Vincenzo said:
First family of Windows Vista viruses unleashed

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65466

lmao, i knew it wouldnt be long...fine job there microsoft, nothing like downloading constant patches to make you feel like your using thier previous OS again...vista has better security my @ss.

1.MAC don't work on PC's (they are going to be changing that)
2. lnux isn't user friendly as it could be
3.windows has more holes than swiss cheese
4.the reason for no.3 is because MS is insistent on tracking your activites (this uses up half of it's resource)
5.IE (nuff said)
well said, but the number one reason why people use windows is cuz of compatabilty, all the good games and programs are on windows, plus pc manufactures wont stray from it for those reasons which almost forces developers to make more programs and games for windows rather than another OS.

Yeah, show me a linux distribution without bugs, lol....

I'm not a big Microsoft fanboy, but some of you give *nix'es too much credit.

ie7_b1_rev_02.jpg

ie7_b1_rev_06.jpg

ie7_b1_rev_10.jpg

ie7_b1_rev_11.jpg

ie7_b1_rev_12.jpg

ie7_b1_rev_xp_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom