Windows Vista Discussion - Page 172 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #1711 (permalink)
Neowin.net

Default Vista RC2

Windows Vista RC2 has been released!

http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...n/download.htm

Enjoy!!!

Old 10-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #1712 (permalink)
Master Techie

Hello

i geuss these RC versions are reduced functionality versions, otherwise people with RC versions will nto need to buy the vista copy when it hits the market, correct?

i was wondering if some one could point me to a picture of the architecture of vista,something like the architecture of windows 2000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archite...ng_system_line

Old 10-09-2006, 04:31 PM   #1713 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

The architecture of Vista is no where on the same line as Windows 2000. Windows 2000 was a Server based OS. Vista is not. While Vista is using the Server 2003 Kernel it doesnt have any traits like Server 2003 or Windows 2000.

The RC version are feature complete and fully functional. But they have a timebomb that goes off on 5/31/2007 and the OS will be of no use after that.

I tried to click your link but it came up with a 404 error. Even so i doubt you will find what you are looking for anyways since M$ was good about hiding the architeture of Vista. Thats part of the UAC so peoiple cant mess with it and make the OS unstable.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 10-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #1714 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

You should be prompted with a screen on the first of June prompting you to enter a product code, if you do not enter one the OS will be locked until you do.

Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+, 1/3 through CCNP
Old 10-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #1715 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
The architecture of Vista is no where on the same line as Windows 2000. Windows 2000 was a Server based OS. Vista is not. While Vista is using the Server 2003 Kernel it doesnt have any traits like Server 2003 or Windows 2000.

The RC version are feature complete and fully functional. But they have a timebomb that goes off on 5/31/2007 and the OS will be of no use after that.

I tried to click your link but it came up with a 404 error. Even so i doubt you will find what you are looking for anyways since M$ was good about hiding the architeture of Vista. Thats part of the UAC so peoiple cant mess with it and make the OS unstable.
what's up with the latest rc2 release mak?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #1716 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

The latest RC2 build 5744 is great. I have been running it as a main OS since i installed it. No XP even on here anymore. IT is stable. Fast. Uses about 30% of my 2GB of RAM. Still a bit high but i have all features running. WMP11, Glass, Sidebar, WLM 8.1 Beta, Defender, and IE7 with that 30%.

I am just installing OneCare to try that out with Vista. Let you know how that goes.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #1717 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by ECTech
Windows Vista RC2 has been released!

http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...n/download.htm

Enjoy!!!
not working..., it redirects to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

umm... the odd thing is, it was working fine earlier (but I couldn't download it then :'(

is there another link, or am I the only one with this problem...
Old 10-09-2006, 09:22 PM   #1718 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
The latest RC2 build 5744 is great. I have been running it as a main OS since i installed it. No XP even on here anymore. IT is stable. Fast. Uses about 30% of my 2GB of RAM. Still a bit high but i have all features running. WMP11, Glass, Sidebar, WLM 8.1 Beta, Defender, and IE7 with that 30%.

I am just installing OneCare to try that out with Vista. Let you know how that goes.

Excellent!

I'll install it when I upgrade in a few weeks.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #1719 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Juice Daddy

umm... the odd thing is, it was working fine earlier (but I couldn't download it then :'(

you may have encountered a...THE...download limit, if one was actually implemented and who knows if that number was 100,00 or whatever

It's awesome though...everyone better be sending in those automated crash reports! The more reports...the better my retail purchase
Old 10-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #1720 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Juice Daddy

I dont think that link was ever supposed to hit the public. RC2 was not intended for Public release. When that leak was found i think they put on a redirect to stop it from getting outta hand. As far as i know there is no other link available except torrents.

Quote:
Originally posted by talldude123
Excellent!

I'll install it when I upgrade in a few weeks.
It is worth th try. I have gotten it running now for 3 days straight without any problems. Only 1 BSOD that was cause i caused it trying to force Nero to install.

Overall it is good. OneCare doesnt use much more resources and it helps with the firewall/apyware/virus protection that it has.

Closed Thread