Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What voice recognition software is ready? There is only a couple out there and they are shotty at best. Heck i cant even get Opera to recognize my voice yet. Let alone Windows. Even with going thru the voice training.

Plain and simple voice recognition isnt going to be good at all. Unless you speak loud and VERY clear it wont know what word you mean. If you forget to pronounce even a letter the software wont know. Like somthin instead of something. That will throw the software off.

So i wouldnt worry about the voice recognition not being ready since it isnt even workable in XP all that great.

pretty cool i like this feature

untitled5hb4.jpg

That is the new Flip 3D. Is is basically just like Alt+Tab but it is way more fun to use. ;)

With Windows Vista nearing its first release candidate in preparation for a final launch early next year, Microsoft is providing more details about possible upgrade paths. Of note: Windows 2000 cannot be upgraded to Vista.

While Windows 2000 Professional customers may purchase a cheaper "upgrade" copy of Microsoft next-generation operating system, Windows Vista must be "clean installed," which means users will need to back up their files and data manually and then copy everything into place. Applications will also need to be re-installed.

A standard in-place upgrade will "retain your applications, files, and settings as they were in your previous edition of Windows," according to Microsoft.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_Details_Vista_Upgrade_Paths/1154373523

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom