Windows Vista Discussion - Page 157 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 07:34 PM   #1561 (permalink)
Super Techie

WELL it technically is a beta thing, the real stuff hasn't been out yet.....beta is for finding flaws and bugs arent i right?

XIGMATEK HDT-D1284
ATI RADEON X850XT PE
NZXT TEMPEST: CRAFTED SERIES
Old 07-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #1562 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Warez Monster
According to Symantec, Windows Vista is very likely to be less secure than Windows XP by the time it comes out. Symantec has supposedly already found many security flaws in Windows Vista's networking code. Symantec also says Vista's new code is what is problematic.

According to the Symantec report, "Microsoft has removed a large body of tried and tested code and replaced it with freshly written code, complete with new corner cases and defects. This may provide for a more stable networking stack in the long term, but stability will suffer in the short term."

This is obviously surprising for Microsoft employees, who have declared so many times that Vista would be more secure than XP. Microsoft answered by a simple explanation that the software is still in beta stage and that numerous improvements would be made until it comes out.
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3389
if I say it, people laugh at me

Old 07-24-2006, 02:27 AM   #1563 (permalink)
Newb Techie

is it true that once u install vista u cannot install it unless u see a lisenced microsoft dealer?
Old 07-24-2006, 04:45 AM   #1564 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by NyQuil
"is it true that once u install vista u cannot install it"
What do you mean there? I think you meant to write something different lol
Old 07-24-2006, 04:48 AM   #1565 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Read the rest. He means that if you install Vista unless a Approved M$ person works on your PC you wont be able to uninstall it.

That is totally false. Plain and simple htey couldnt do that and wouldnt do that. They couldnt afford to send out a M$ Tech everytime someone wanted to format their PC. That is just way too much $$ to do any way you look at it.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 07-24-2006, 07:21 AM   #1566 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Warez Monster
When we said early this week, we we're not expecting it to be this early. Just minutes ago eager testers were surprised as Windows Vista build 5472 was released on Microsoft Connect.

As always, the build is currently available in both X64(64-bit) which is approximately 3.5GB in size, and X86(32-bit) which is just over 2.5GB.

The download is available to connect testers only and is not publicly available as a CPP. Testers have been told that 5342 keys will work with this build and no new keys are required.

Many of the people that have seen previous screenshots of upcoming builds have been wanting to get their hands on the wallpaper shown within them. You can now download that wallpaper Here courtesy of Utakz' Blog.

A screenshot gallery of the new build will be available within the next couple of hours.

https://connect.microsoft.com/window...ownloadID=2322
Does that mean I need to re download Vista and install it again (on a formatted partition) to update it?

Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+, 1/3 through CCNP
Old 07-24-2006, 07:34 AM   #1567 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

If you are a Official Beta Tester that was in the progra before it was released to the Public then yes. But if you got it when it was released to the Public then no. This is for the people that were in the Beta before it went public and it was only available to them.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:42 AM   #1568 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
If you are a Official Beta Tester that was in the progra before it was released to the Public then yes. But if you got it when it was released to the Public then no. This is for the people that were in the Beta before it went public and it was only available to them.
Ahh, ok. (I got it public.)

Old 07-24-2006, 09:46 AM   #1569 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Well technically it was only supposed to be available to them. But it has leaked to the net and the Public Keys work for it. So if you know how to obtain it then you can use it.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #1570 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
Well technically it was only supposed to be available to them. But it has leaked to the net and the Public Keys work for it. So if you know how to obtain it then you can use it.
Ahh, you get the wrong end of the stick, I don't want to have to redownload Vista and install it again.

Closed Thread