Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
it says that cause they new vista would take a long time... so now its only taking 5 years instead of 6 :p

but no, vista reminds me a lot of the old computers i used to have... when i wanted to move 1gb or so of data. it would start out saying something like "10 minutes remaining" and then gradually go up to 13 minutes, 15 minutes, 40 minutes, 100 minutes etc.

or in the dial-up days when i was trying to download something... same feeling how its so close, yet just soooo long away!!

Makaveli213 said:
Even when it is released to the public there is a timebomb. Which means that on a certain date it will stop working. If you dont read the EULA carefully you wont know the date and then one day. Boom Vista stops.
how does that work then. is it just like how 30 day trials work but a longer period?

MS Server authentication for the clock, BIOS clock, system clock, use your imagination.

Will there be a difference between the TAP, MSDN, etc released version when compaired to the released they are offering the public?

That question Tyler is what is one everyones mine. We dont know since they have delayed the release to the public. So it seems as if they are gonna release another build to the Public but some speculate that they are just gonna release build 5384.x that has some minor bug fixes.

Vista revs up peer-to-peer engine

Whenever Windows Vista computers arrive, they will have their own special way of talking to one another.

Microsoft's new operating system, which won't arrive for consumers until early next year, has a new collaboration feature that allows laptops to share information with other nearby machines.

The underlying technology is known as "People Near Me" and is being used by Microsoft for its own software projects and by other developers. The company has built one program based on it into Vista--Windows MeetingSpace--that lets people share and view files.

The new collaboration tools are among a host of features, topped by improved search and new graphics abilities, that Microsoft is hoping will convince people to either upgrade from Windows XP or buy a new Vista-equipped PC. It had hoped to have the new operating system on store shelves in time for the 2006 holiday season, but is now shooting to be ready for a January mainstream launch.

MeetingSpace is designed with a couple of situations in mind. First is the scenario where people meet up at a coffeehouse and want to share data with one another. The other might be at a business, where several people are in a meeting and want to be able to view and edit a presentation together.

"You can just start a session and project onto someone's system," said Mika Krammer, a director in the Windows client unit.

The feature requires the laptops to have built-in Wi-Fi (nearly all notebooks do these days), but does not require Internet access, since the technology uses peer-to-peer connections. Users with most versions of Vista will be able to start a session; those with Home Basic can join a session but not start one of their own.

>> Source: C|Net News

m_550x406.jpg

To answer your question Mentalist we dont know. Its not that it was pushed back for final release just the Beta release to the public. It is unsure when, how or anything it will get to the Public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom