Windows Vista Discussion - Page 119 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 04:29 PM   #1181 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

beta testing is now closed I don't think MS ever was recruiting but Mak said they were I'll take his word on it, the availible options I know of is TAP, MSDN, or MSDN-AA. MSDN is not just for Vista the many other goodies are what make it worth getting.

Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 04-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #1182 (permalink)
Super Techie

yeah ur going to have to help me do that! when the time comes again.......

Old 04-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #1183 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Some schools have MSDN-AA ("Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance") this is probably the easiest way for average students enrolled in high schools or univercities to get Vista. If your school doesn't have it ask them to get it it's only $400 or so after taxes it will give you Vista and your school many vital tools. If your out of School your best shot is MSDN ("Microsoft Developer network"). Many great products are availible to you just choose a service plan that fits what you want and pricing. Your business may have TAP ("Technology Adoption Program") if it's technology based look into that option as well.

Besides that testing is closed for the most part.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 04-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #1184 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

It has been revealed, by visiting the Windows Vista Beta Pre-Registration page, that the Windows Vista Community Technology Preview (CTP) program, which provided download access to the CTP builds, has now come to an end. This could well mean that we can expect public betas in the near future.

Though the preview program has ended, Microsoft are continuing to offer valid registration codes for enterprise customers, ISVs, SIs, LARs/VARs, and SBCs. These select codes can be used to receive a replicated copy of the latest CTP version in the mail.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:51 PM   #1185 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Eh I forgot that Vista is almost done, so yes they will have Public Beta's soon like they promised. I still like my Enterprise/Pro Visual Studio, MS Virtual PC, and other goodies though.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #1186 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

They were still accepting Beta Tester Apps for a while. I know a few that just got in before this last release. But since the next build to be released on May 22 (so i have heard) is going to be the Official Beta 2 and be Public they is no bother to try and get in.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 04-30-2006, 02:42 AM   #1187 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to tommyboy123x

nice, right as i have my HDD partitioned correctly

Dollar Hauler [dot] Com :)
Old 04-30-2006, 02:10 PM   #1188 (permalink)
Master Techie

Here is a pic of what windows media player will look like when it finally comes out
500GB WD 5000AAKX-001CA0
1.5 TB Seagate ST1500DM003
Zotac Geforce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Old 04-30-2006, 02:46 PM   #1189 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to tommyboy123x

haha... no way i would ever use windows media play... it gives me a headache

but it is looking better....

and iTunes sucks everything it can out of my computer....

Dollar Hauler [dot] Com :)
Old 04-30-2006, 05:20 PM   #1190 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

How can you be sure it's still in development don't jump the gun.

Closed Thread