Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is because whenever a new build is released everyone hope on Connect and tries to all download it at once. The Servers cant handle it and get bogged down. That is why the url freaks and you get ther Server side error.

lol, didn't know it was so popular... but i can see with a lot of traffic that they get messed up

thanks

btw i love this thread

oh wait, but now the link just keeps changing... no server side error.....

oh well, i'll just keep it messing around all night ;)

The New York Times has joined up with Microsoft to build a new standalone application for reading the newspaper's content on a PC. The tool, called Times Reader, was unveiled Friday in prototype form and takes advantage of the Windows Presentation Foundation that will ship in Vista.

Specifically, Vista's WPF display technologies will enable Times content to be automatically adjusted for any screen size, with users able to customize font size and content relevance. The application will utilize the same font styles as the print edition of the New York Times.

“The Times Reader is a great next step in melding the readability and portability of the newspaper with the interactivity and immediacy of the Web,” said New York Times Publisher Arthur Sulzberger Jr. The program can be used online and offline by downloading stories to the local computer.

the thing that busts my *** about Vista is that all of the media apps look almost excatly the same as their apple counterparts, such as iphoto.

but, wjat i want to know is if you can become a beta tester w/o paying a rediclous amount of money to microsoft just to debug their ****ing programs for them......

apple and microsoft have been doing that to eachother since the first days of computing it's nothing new.

idk man, this time could you tell me how (if at all) you could become a beta tester w/o having to spend an insane amount of money?

Don't you have to apply for it or something? There was some Microsoft testing thing you had to apply for, but I am not entirely sure if it was for Vista or not. And they don't accept many people. Qualified ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom