Windows Vista Bluetooth Software Problem,

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchan05

In Runtime
Well, as the title says, I'm having problems with my bluetooth software. For some reason, right clicking an item and selecting send to bluetooth does not work. I need to find the bluetooth transfer wizard from the start menu and use that, and its quite tedious. Anybody know how to fix this?

In what way does the other method not work? Do you get an error message?

Try updating the driver for it.

Why not just go to the start menu, type in bluetooth to get it to show the Bluetooth File Manager that you need, then right click on it and send it to your desktop so you have the xhortcut available at all times with easy access? Can even move it to the Quick Launch if you wish. I have mine in the Superbar for Win7.

@Yamikotai - Nothing happens. As in an absolute nothing. The file transfer wizard does not appear. Its as if I did nothing

@Mak213 - Using that is tedious. I'd have to browse for files I want to send and send them one by one, as opposed to highlighting the whole bunch and sending them in one go using the send to option.

-I had a look around, apparently it was only the BTTray.exe which didnt work for some reason. I'll try to see if it may be repaired through Control Panel. Anyway, if it comes to it, is it possible to downloade freeware bluetooth software?

Actually no, you dont have to send them one by one. If you use Ctrl when you select the files you can send a whole batch of them just as if you were to copy and paste them to another drive. I know this works cause i have done it personally.

@Mak213: You just solved all my woes about my bluetooth on my PC. I had no clue the "File Transfer Wizard" was there :tongue: I'd always have to use my MacBook to send it. Almost too time consuming to send it to the MacBook through a USB drive then send it to my phone...

@Mak213. Doesnt work. It still only selects one file at a time. Here are screen shots

screen1bc.jpg

screen2pf.jpg

screen3tu.jpg

screen4a.jpg

screen5ch.jpg

As you can see, for some reason it only supports one file transfer at a time, and I'd have to browse for the next file again.

I dont know what to tell you. Cause i have selected over 250 files at once and sent them all to my phone. I have not had a single issue at all selecting multiple files and i know it works. So there has to be something limiting it on your end. As it does work.

Sorry but your pics are not loading for me. Maybe it is a limitation of Vista as i am using Win7 and i have no issues what so ever selecting as many files as i want.

Hmm, this only started happening a day ago. Oh well. I got irritated and installed bluesoleil. Its working fine again. ^_^

Bluesoleil needs to be installed as that is the main driver for the bluetooth. With that installed you should be able to use the multiple item selection. I know that i need that in Vista and XP to get my bluetooth working and as soon as i have that installed i can do the multiple file selection. Sorry i didnt realize you didnt have that much installed as i would have suggested that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom