Windows Vista Black Registry in need of repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenvoid01

In Runtime
Hello all, A few months ago I fixed a PC by removing a virus using AVG, Avira, and hijack this. As of recently the PC would flash and error message stating the Run dll is missing. Now the the PC won't boot Windows stating that the original boot disk is needed to repair the registry. As expected the owner does not have the boot disk and I am wondering if Generic boot disk for Vista would be adequate for repair. I want to avoid reformatting the HD.

Thanks

AMD custom build

Sadlybabgeneric disk wont work. You will need either an OEM or Retail disk depending on which verson they installed. In addition thre is no repair option with Vista. So unless they mde a backup of the Registry before the infection, the chances you will be able to fix it are slim to none.

Yes it is. Microsoft doeant have a Black version. Tell then to go legit and stop pirating.
Topic Closed.

Upon further observation I have discovered that this OS is a "modified" version of Vista that is prone to viruses alongside various malfunctions. This explains a great deal about system malfunctioning over the past few months. Given the circumstances, I believe the situation is beyond repair and I want to at least save the information on the HD. Any possibility of running it as a slave drive to do so?

Sorry but we dont support pirated material at all. It can be done but you will have to look elsewhere to find help on that. While it may not have been you, there is no reason we should help recover data for someone who chose to pirate. They made the decision, they have to live with the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom