Windows Vista Anti Virus Problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Windows Vista Anti Virus Problems

I've got a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium. It came with a 60 day trial of Norton Internet Security. Well about 35 days into the trial the email scanner stops working. The manufacturers website led me to a patch to fix the problem. It didn't work. I ended up unistalling Norton and am now using AVG Free with Windows firewall. It's working ok but about have the time I log on to windows AVG shows an error saying email scanner is not funtioning. All I have to do is enable it through the avg control panel. Can anybody tell me why Vista keeps doing this? Also could anyone recomend a good security suite. thanks....

Old 07-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Re: Windows Vista Anti Virus Problems

I am not sure that avg is completely vista compatable. I know on my vista system it blue screened the computer . I had to go into safe mode and remove it manually. I would recommend trend micro.

they are a good antivirus and they are fully vista compatable. but you have to pay for it

also avast may work with vista. that has a free version

Old 07-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Windows Vista Anti Virus Problems

AVG is compatable but doesnt fully work. The email scanner hasnt functioned at all. Despite what they have said. Avast fully works with Vista and is free.

Eset has a Smart Security Beta out there that is fully VIsta capable and can do what you seek. It is well worth it as well. I run it on my machine and have had no problems with ti at all.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread