Which windows version is the best one to use today??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comptech

Baseband Member
Which windows version is the best one to use today??

Windows XP MCE 2005, Windows 64, Vista or etc.???????

I want something that can play all my games without problems and best performance. Have good driver support for all the hardware and software that I use. Have all the newest cool stuff and up to date software.

Vista looks interesting, is it even out yet to use? if its already out is it too new of a windows to use, Im worried about driver problems??

Advice would be greatly appreicated, thank you

Soundmaster2.0 said:
Vista = Pile O' Crap filled with restrictions(adds to the smell).

If you haven't noticed I don't like Vista.
Better get used to it. Unless you plan on staying on XP the rest of your life and using buggy software. Vista isnt going anywhere.

Also the restrictions you talk aobut...can be removed. :p

TheMajor said:
You can't even record "what you hear" in Vista. At least I didn't find a way.
To do that you need a mic. I use Vista to do speech recognition all the time. If you mean what comes out of your speakers then you need a 3rd party app. Some are close to working with Vista but i think Fraps might be the only one that i have gotten to work. Camastia Studios does work but can be a hassle.

Makaveli213 said:
If you mean what comes out of your speakers then you need a 3rd party app. Some are close to working with Vista but i think Fraps might be the only one that i have gotten to work. Camastia Studios does work but can be a hassle.

Yes, that's what I mean. In XP there was an option to record what you hear (the sound your computer is playing); in Vista there isn't. I wonder why they removed it, or maybe they forgot to add it when they re-programmed the sound stuff.

I think I will be staying with XP and then when that is outdated I will use vista for gaming and linux for everything else.

Makaveli213 said:
Better get used to it. Unless you plan on staying on XP the rest of your life and using buggy software. Vista isnt going anywhere.

Yes, because Windows is the only option. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom