Which windows version is the best one to use today??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comptech

Baseband Member
Which windows version is the best one to use today??

Windows XP MCE, Windows 64, or etc.???????

I want something that can play all my games without problems and best performance. Have good driver support for all the hardware and software that I use.

Advice would be greatly appreicated, thank you

Currently, XP Pro or Home. I suggest Home because it's cheaper. There's not a huge difference between the two, so just go with the cheaper of the two.

In January '07 (or later, who knows) when Vista comes out, that will be the best. It'll have DX10 support.

MCE its basically pro whith addons. Definalty not 64 bit, it may be faster but next to nothing is compatiable. Wait for vista.

(for those of you who thought this said home, your right it did, but i meant pro, i dont kno what I was thinking when i typed it)

Go for Windows XP Professional Or Home Edition ONLY. Windows Vista is out of bounds. It is very uuhhhh......full of problems. Let the Vista STable Release Come. I Have had a very BAD EXPERIENCE

The Napster said:
MCE its basically home whith addons. Definalty not 64 bit, it may be faster but next to nothing is compatiable. Wait for vista.

MCE is built upon pro its not home with adons i would deffinetly get MCE it has all the features of pro with the added media center features.

it dont have all the features of pro as you cant connect it to a domain unless you do some reg hackn

ya and eric posed how to add it to a domain so basically everything that pro has MCE has. im not aware of any other features it lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom