Windows updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonia2M

Baseband Member
Hi
My HD died and I install a new one and a new OS, this OS is XP Home sp1, well updates started and I got to install a first load, then it started to download a second load, and I thought that would be sp2, then when they were half way the icon dissapeared for no reason and I have ended up downloading the sp2 from software patch, what I would like to know is why it is not downloading updates on its own, It is a genuine copy and I followed the steps for automatic updates.
Also why firefox takes all the cpu?

I finish downloading it but now it requires an external application that iis not launching

Also why firefox takes all the cpu?
I can't help you with the Windows problem... hopefully Warez or Machevelli will wander through, but I can help with Firefox.

FF doesn't take all of your CPU. If your CPU is being taken up by FF, close it and restart FF, because something is hung.

Unless you are using IE Tab, you have to use IE to download Windows updates from Microsoft.

I can't help you with the Windows problem... hopefully Warez or Machevelli will wander through, but I can help with Firefox.

FF doesn't take all of your CPU. If your CPU is being taken up by FF, close it and restart FF, because something is hung.

Unless you are using IE Tab, you have to use IE to download Windows updates from Microsoft.

You might just have solved the problem with the updates or at least why I cannot download them myself, and yes FF is taken up all the cpu and it does it everytime
Thanks

Ive noticed that sometimes it takes a while for SP2 to come thru. What external application is it asking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom