windows update and wga

Status
Not open for further replies.

subxuk

Baseband Member
hi,

iv recently installed umm a "version" of windows xp, my friend told me not to install the windows genuine advantage for obvious reasons, i was wondering:

a) if i leave automatic updates on will it install it anyway?
b) whats the difference between windows update and automatic updates? or are they the same thing?
c) should i leave auto updates off and just select what i want to install through custom windows updates?

thanks!

a) yes
b) one is automatic, one is manual.
c) have a look around, there are other ways of getting updates except from m$. You can't get updates from windows update without wga or it forces you to download it before the updates.

I believe, if you don't have a genuine copy and you get wga on, you still get updates from now, just a annoying system tray icon and a pop up on boot.

Just put the automatic update to notify you when new updates are available, then you can select which one to update. Automatic update can only get the high security updates for you, however you won't be able to get any new Windows product or software, hardware updates like IE7, Defender, WMP11 and such. Else I suggest you buy a valid key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom