Is Windows Update really important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SP2 is more in house spyware than anything else. I kept my XP disc on my kid 200gig storage hard drive as a clonecd backup file, because I probably reformat my computer 20-30 time a year (I alway trying different configuration to make XP faster and safer, my mind changes like the weather, plus I am always adding new wardware. I had to take a winTV capture card back as it seriously slowed my comp ) on my main computer.

Me, everytime I buy me a cd (music or software) I make a backup. I make 2 backup for my music cd's (one for home stereo and one for car stereo) and 1 backup for my software (for any offended by me doing this, I don't give a Darn. there isn't anybody in the world who can tell me what I can do with my own property)

Anyway I make my backup and put my original cd up in the closet for an emergency. well My xp cd backup got too scratched up, so it wouldn't work one time while I was reformatting. I got to my other comp.we have 3 comp, 2 sp1(me and my wife), 1 sp2(kids) I really had bought the sp2 just for evaluation. I try anything once(that why I am always formatting).it is on my kid's comp.I go to burn me a new xp cd. lo and behold, it act like it is burning and finishes. but when I got to stick it in the computer. it is displayed as a corrupted unrecognizable disc. SP2 won't let me burn the XP disc. it is a good thing I have the original cd or I would have been screwed. I reinstall xp and copy that clonecd folder from my kids comp to my computer. now I can make that backup no problem. I will jack their second hard drive and put it in my comp.

I am going to take the cd back to the store and demand my money back. I have Linux on one of my partitions. once I figured it out, Windows is gone

i didnt expect you are experiencing problems with MS' latest patch for winxp. i'm still on win98se. dont blame me for not upgrading to winxp coz ive just bought a new PC last summer that came along with 98.

maybe i just don't know how to update my PC, but in my conclusion, it would be better to find a problem first and just download the single appropriate patch from MS, not all the critical ones. this is just my opinion.

i formatted my harddrive last last week. last week. and i think i'lll be formatting it again for the very first day of this week because my Super Mario game isn't displaying properly after installing all the critical win98se patches.

guess i'll better stick with an up-to-date antivirus and anti-spyware. they don't give me as much problems as WinUpdate does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom