Windows update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shomac5k

Baseband Member
I'm having a problem with updating my windows xp home edition.

If I go to the windows update web page, the updates simply wont load.

If I enable my automatic update settings, i will never get the icon in the lower right hand screen that allows me to update windows.

How can I update my windows?

:confused:

Quick copy and paste...

Fix XP Pro Windows Update Problem A. Download and reinstall update components: 1. Download the Iuctl.cab file and save it on your desktop. To download the Iuctl.cab file, visit the following Windows Update Web site: http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/cab/x86/unicode/iuctl.cab

2. After the file is saved on your desktop, right-click the Iuctl.cab file, and then click Open 3. Select all the files that are listed. To do this, point to the file list, and then press CTRL+A. 4. Right-click the files that you selected, and then click Extract. 5. Select a known location, and then click OK. For example, select the desktop. 6. Locate the file where you extracted it. For example, locate the file on the desktop. 7. Right-click the Iuctl.inf file, and then click Install. 8. Try again to update your computer by using the Windows Update Web site. If this results in a "Downloading 100%..." or "Registering 100%" message, proceed to step B. B. From a command prompt enter each command and press enter (note - there are 5 commands total - each line is separate): net stop wuauserv regsvr32 wups.dll regsvr32 wuapi.dll regsvr32 wuaueng.dll net start wuauserv

Please note - commands are between the " " marks and need to be entered separately. "net stop" and "regsvr" are commands and the "wuauserv" and "dll" files are the options (basically) . . . here goes . . . first command - "net stop wuauserv" next command - "regsvr32 wups.dll" next command - "regsvr32 wuapi.dll" next command - "regsvr32 wuaueng.dll" last command - "net start wuauserv"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom