..windows update gives me an error... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2007, 05:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default ..windows update gives me an error...

Hey everyone,

this is a brand new fresh installation of Windows XP, and i think its SP2.

My issue arrives when i try to run Wnidows Update, see. Im not allowed apparently.

It tells me this:

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

and i tried, its not a 504, its just teling me 'weve encounted some sort of error and our options are useless", its the web Microsoft Update, so short of yelling directly at microsoft, mi not entirely sure what to do...i turned on automatic updates but i have to wait so freakin long to know if its donig anything...

any suggestions?

Old 04-26-2007, 07:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Repeat Offender
Default Re: ..windows update gives me an error...

Is this a legit copy of XP?

Change the world. Of one person. Today.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the variables....it ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Of course,

i should also mention this happens only hafter i hit either "Express" or "Custom", both give me the same error.

Also ive tried using Microsoft Update on machiens without a legit windows and it tells them it cant continue becaue its not legit, this one just spits in my face...
Old 04-26-2007, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I was having this exact same problem with another computer. I finally figured out another way to get the driver I was looking for besides Windows update. I assumed that it was because there was some sort of connection error with the server(s) that handle windows update (I'm sure with so much software it'd be tons of servers, but still.) This was on a legit copy of Windows.

Any way, I just figured it was a problem on their end, and that I'd try to fix it later. Let me know if you get this fixed, I'd like to know how it was done!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher

I had this problem with our servers the other night when I was updating them...I rebooted and ran it again and it was fine
Old 04-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

just use autopatcher

The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Closed Thread