Windows Update error 80070002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Difolo

In Runtime
I searched this forum for anything relating to 80070002 but came up empty handed. Vista was driving me CRAZY last night as when I try to install SP1 x64 via either windows update or manual update I receive windows update error 80070002. I went to microsoft's page and did as they instructed, deleting the temp files in downloads and such, and this did not solve the problem. I also went through three pages of google search, and read thru each thread to see what everyone was doing to fix this problem, and none of the solutions posted worked. Some of the posts were old (From 07) so I was hoping I might find a solution here. Can anyone help me out or have any advice? Thanks in advance!

Windows Update error 80070002 - Windows Vista Help

Does anything on that page help?

You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server Update Services

What about this page?

Run manually the archive
go to c:\windows\softwaredistribution\download\install and run the archive
after finish run windows update again and update if aby
you are ready now and updated

What about this solution?

Is there no solution to this problem?? I really don't to have to re-install Vista....but would that fix the problem?

Hello Mac213,

I tried the solution you posted in the first link several times and it didnt work. As for the second, I also tried that but under my download folder I don't have an install folder or any kind of executable to run. Everyone says theres an exe file in the install folder...well I don't have either of the two.

You could try a system restore point to a earlier date to see if you can stop this error from coming up. But if you tried all the solutions posted and not a single one works, i would say a re-install would be in order. That information came from some of the better Microsoft Help sites and it was the common answer on all of them.

Maybe going to the Vista Answers Forum might be of more help? While i hate to send you to another forum this one is dedicated to all things Vista and is from Microsoft themselves. Maybe it can be of more assistance then what we can provide. I have searched all Microsoft sites and those were the answers i found.

Thanks for the suggestions, I ran a couple of searches, but only 1 thing came up and it wasn't similar to my situation. I guess I just have to reinstall =(. With the amount of posts I found online of people having this problem I would have thought there would be a fix.

Like i said there is a System Restore that you can try that Joeten gave you information about. There is the Vista Forums you can search. I did my search on Microsoft.com and had lots of answers.

It could also just be that the WU server is either slow or down at this current time.

Here is my search:

Search Results

Over 1,100 results. So there has to be a solution somehwere....just finding it is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom