Windows Task Manager Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImNewAtThis

Baseband Member
i've notice while using my computer that it runs slower and slower as the time passes.So i go into task manager and press the processes tab, it seems that there are a tonne of programs running but i might only have 1 or 2 application up.is there a program or a way to have to programs that im not using shut down without affecting my computer???

im using a AMD Athlon(tm)64 processor 3000+
2.00GHz/ 512 of Ram
160 Gigs of storage

Im told this system should be fast.

If you could help me in anyway it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Most of those processes are windows critical process and you wont see them, or most of them. You might need to run your spyware programs and disable a lot of your taskbar icons. How many do you have running? Go to start, run, type msconfig, disable all but your antivirus and other essential software. If you don't know what to stop, post your processes on here and we can help you. Go to the startup tab, then click disable all, escept for the ones you need, then reboot and let us know.

Try entering the names of those processes in the search of this page: http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

That site has a moderately complete list of many of the common processes (good and bad) that show up in your VDG dialog. Poke through there first, and anything that the search can't find, let us know and we'll give you the thumbs-up/down on it.

I am at 42 processed right now just running Firefox Once..Process are like expolorer.exe (windows system) ect Host files for internet / network ect

you could always take a screenshot of the processes and as long as we can read them... or you could look em up with that link

Warez Monster said:
Most of those processes are windows critical process and you wont see them, or most of them. You might need to run your spyware programs and disable a lot of your taskbar icons. How many do you have running? Go to start, run, type msconfig, disable all but your antivirus and other essential software. If you don't know what to stop, post your processes on here and we can help you. Go to the startup tab, then click disable all, escept for the ones you need, then reboot and let us know.

I think i figured out the problem, i was using the bit tornado client 3.9, i was told that for some reason that this version hangs and duplicates processes therefore using all of my memory. i've taking it off and put an older version on and it seems to have fixed the problem for now.

1 more question what program would you i need to take a picture of my screen so i display the issue? thanks for all the input.

you don't need any special programs... alt+Print Screen will take a picture of the window you are in... and copy it to the clipboard... try pasteing it in Paint.
try just pressing Print Screen and pasting in MSPaint for screenshot of entire desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom