WINDOWS/system32/Net.exe,....what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentrez

Beta member
hey,...for like a few months now everytime i start my computer and windows opens a get like 3 black boxes pop up very quickly that say windows/system32/net.exe ,...so looked for this thing on internet and found a forum which said it was a malware that copies information off of my computer and some other stuff too,..the site said it was 81% dangerious,...i know very little about computers ,so i did as the site said and looked for it ,found it and deleted it,...i restarted my PC ,and when i type in my password to start WINDOWS XP,it shuts down inmediatly and sends me back to type in my password,..in other words it doesn't start windows,...i called a tech guy from where i bought the computer he says i deleted the starting engine or something for windows,....and i'd have to restore my system wich would delete all my saved files,...
SO I GUESS MY QUESTION IS IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYWAY TO FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH OUT LOSING ANY OF MY SAVED FILES.

Well, I think you can go back to Last Known Good Configuration. But thing is I do not know if it will restore the deleted system32 files. Shouldn't touch anything in the System32 file. That's your main OS database.

Does the system32 file contain all the drivers that i'll need to install Linux?

Where are the driver files i will need?

Thank you in advance for your help on this.

What does linux have to do with your problem? Linux is a totally different OS, it uses no files from your windows installs. (That I know of)
Run a windows Repair from Original operating system Disc, then once working,
Post a hijackthis log..
Follow spyware guide in my signature..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom