Windows suddenly cannot load driver for my DVD burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!! YEAH!!!

Eric,

Thanks for your time and patience. Thanks everyone else too for your time and patience too. This is the very first time I was not able to find the correct solution to a computer related problem at this website!

I would like to say thank you for the many, many, many, many times that I have not been able to solve a computer related issue and was kindly directed to the correct solution here at computer tech forums. You guys have saved my bottom over and over again and I will never forget that!

After trying everything suggested in this post, I finally called HP [the DVD burner in question is relatively new and still under warranty]. George, the HP computer technician informed me that many people are experiencing the same the problem and that the problem is a Windows Detection Error Issue. I thought it best to post the solution here just in case anyone else encounters this same problem. The solution worked flawlessly not only for me but for countless others as well.

The HP technician had me go in and change some registry values. I know nothing whatsoever about this type of operation. To avoid the wrath of anyone here, I will not suggest anyone alter their registry values unless you have a complete and thorough knowledge of what you are doing. I left myself at the complete mercy of HP as I followed this procedure and I am thankful it worked flawlessly.

Here is the exact procedure HP technician George walked me through to fix the Windows Detection Error Issue:

Start
Regedit
HKey Local Machine
System
Current Control Let
Control
Class
4D36E965 [right click]
Export
Name the file
Save
Delete the following: upper filters/lower filters
Close window
Restart computer

Hope this helps someone, someday, somehow!

After being without a DVD player/burner for many days, I now have it up and running again.

I am so happy I could just soar away!

Happy New Year everyone!

Soar

Sorry to bring up an old topic but Im having this problem too. I was following your regedit fix but have a couple of questions:
1. Export to where?
2. Name the file what?

Thanks

Re: I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!! YEAH!!!

Sorry to bring up an old topic but Im having this problem too. I was following your regedit fix but have a couple of questions:
1. Export to where?
2. Name the file what?

Thanks
I think what he meant by Export and Name is just for backup purposes in case the solution didn't work.
You can export to anywhere (I would suggest your desktop) and rename it anything you wish (I would suggest BackupDDMMYY or something similar...being that DD = day, MM = month and YY = year) so you would know when you made the backup in case anything goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom