Windows STOP error 0X00000050 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 02:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to FellateMeFreddy
Default Windows STOP error 0X00000050

My former motherboard was fried so I replaced it with this one. My Primary hard drive also seems to have broken some how, so I replaced it with my former secondary hard drive. The bios and everything seems fine, but when I try to install windows, dozens of files can't be copied, so I skip them. When the installation is done, I get the blue screen of death saying I have an error that reads as follows:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
STOP 0X00000050(0xDCFD3028.....

It says to check connections for new hardware, and I'm not sure if it has something to do with faulty components on the motherboard or something else.

Old 11-26-2005, 09:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
AKA ComatoseClown

Send a message via AIM to H4x3r Send a message via MSN to H4x3r

maybe it also got your cd-rom

Old 11-26-2005, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Either your cd drive is bab or your cd has scratches on it, whenever it askes you if you want to skip a file, never do this unless you want to have problems like you are having
Old 11-26-2005, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to FellateMeFreddy

I tried using my cd drive on my other computer and it worked fine. I also recently did a clean install on my other computer with the same CD and that worked fine too. I'm thinking it might be some kind of motherboard problem but I'm not sure. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

you can try another ide ribbon...
Old 11-26-2005, 07:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by FellateMeFreddy
I tried using my cd drive on my other computer and it worked fine. I also recently did a clean install on my other computer with the same CD and that worked fine too. I'm thinking it might be some kind of motherboard problem but I'm not sure. Thanks for the reply though.
take this cd rom out and put it in the other computer and use it to install windows on the other computer.

I have been posting a lot lately about these new cheap a$$ cd roms and cd burners that won't let you install windows because they can't read all of the file.

never skip those file as you won't have an operable system
Old 01-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to Prelude92

i feel really bad for bringing this old thread up, but this is the same issue im having. I dont skip the things when it cant write them. I go thru with it. Sometimes when doing so, i get the 0x00000050 error. this has me very stumped. i will post this in my build thread so u guys can see what i've been doin w/ the computer.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Lightbulb hopefully ur solution...

hi,
I read ur topic. I think the prob in your memory (RAM). Becoz ur memory unable to load data when u installing OS. Some days ago the same things happen with me.

Hopefully these should solve ur prob.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

if it isn't the cd, than the ram is bad
Old 09-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to Prelude92
Default Re: Windows STOP error 0X00000050

well, i managed to get through the install and now the OS just reboots out of nowhere.. any idea what happened?? should i try to re-install??

Closed Thread