Windows is starting up with USB HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantal

Solid State Member
Hi everybody. I have windows XP SP3 home edition on my lop top. When I plug in an external HDD to it and restart it windows gets stuck on " windows is starting up" screen and stays like that until I unplug external HDD and reboot the system. i tried the HD qith othe PC / laptop and none of them has this problem. I also tried another external HDD and did the same problem. The problem occurs only with external HDD. I searched the net but couldnt find a solution any one here can help please I would really appreciate it.

Check your BIOS setup. What does it show for USB Devices? Sounds like there is a glitch trying to startup the USB Drivers which will require a chipset driver update for your PC.

Check your BIOS setup. What does it show for USB Devices? Sounds like there is a glitch trying to startup the USB Drivers which will require a chipset driver update for your PC.

Thank you I will check that and report back

Hi I have checked the bios and there is nothing about USB devices. The bios is up to date

did you check boot order in your bios. That is where boot from usb would be listed above hard drive in the boot order. Move it down or remove it from the list.

did you check boot order in your bios. That is where boot from usb would be listed above hard drive in the boot order. Move it down or remove it from the list.

Yes I have checked this and in fact I dont even have boot from USB in my Bios.

Does your bios have a setting to boot from a removable drive? If so set that option after your hard drive and set your hard drive as the 1st boot device.

What motherboard is in your PC?

Does your bios have a setting to boot from a removable drive? If so set that option after your hard drive and set your hard drive as the 1st boot device.

What motherboard is in your PC?

My bios have boot sequence *** follows : HDD>> CD-ROM>> FDD>> Network
that is all

Get CPUz, Everest, Belarc Advisor or SiSandra Software. Anyone of them should tell you the exact make and model for your Mother board. Get us that information so we can try to find you the proper chipset drivers. They are what is needed.

Get CPUz, Everest, Belarc Advisor or SiSandra Software. Anyone of them should tell you the exact make and model for your Mother board. Get us that information so we can try to find you the proper chipset drivers. They are what is needed.

there you go
d970298d2f.jpg

f9fbe8ff7e.jpg

Problem solved. I think it was the Video card. I updated the drivers and the problem was gone. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom