Windows SP2 killed my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i reformatted my computer yesterday and installled sp2..it messed up my comp so i remopved it and went back to sp1

ShoobieRat said:
Actually...by opinion, sales, bug-reports, incompatability reports, lack of use, and public feedback reports...

Windows-ME was the worst thing to come out of Microsoft.

Heh...Windows ME...I remember that one :laughing:

Anyhow, SP2 has it's ups and downs, but that was expected.

It (FINALLY) is able to block popups (though almost all non IE-based browsers have been doing it for years), it has a few ways of stopping incoming spyware, though all it does for viruses is inform you when you don't have a virus checker it knows about, or when it can't tell if you've been upgrading it or not. It also informs you when a new programs is trying to access the internet, though again, people with know-how have been using third party programs that do these things. Basically, for the average computer user, this upgrade has some much needed functionality, but for someone with some computer knowledge it probably does not make too much of an enormous difference. Additionally...it interestingly enough fixed my computer's problem with hibernation, where it began taking huge delays in starting back up whenever the power was plugged in while it hibernated. Apparently SP2 fixed this. Useful, especially when I need to quickly boot in Windows, then Linux, then Windows again, and then back to Linux for whatever reasons. I'm using both OSes pretty evenly right now, even though once I have a good entire day to spend at my computer (december), I'll fix all the problems that are keeping me from using Linux and Linux only...but this isn't another Windows vs. Linux discussion, so that's the last time I'll mention Linux. :p

SP2 is not unbreakable...in fact, there are many exploits already known for the new Internet Explorer and the OS in general...some new, a few are merely old ones that have remained unfixed. This isn't the update to end all updates yet. (not to mention the trouble some people have getting it working, and the trouble others have with getting some of their older software to work with it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom