Windows SP2 killed my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sp2 messed up my comp too. after i installed it, i restarted and lo and behold i have about 10 random icons on my desktop (aka spyware/viruses). i also got an increased number of pop-ups.

i had loads of problems with it the only way i could get it too work with sp2 was too do a clean install of windows then install sp2 then all my programs otherwise it just screwed it up

If anyone downloaded SP2 from a 3rd-party source, then they don't have any room to complain about corruptions, viruses, spyware, etc.

ok, im gonna give it another shot here. wish me luck!
(ps- that first time was on a clean install of windows)

hey, try starting your computer in SAFE MODE, I don't think it would restart again, then you can try different things to fix it.

What do you expect? This is microsoft(yes I write microsoft with a lower case letter) The worst thing that came out was Sp2

The worst thing that came out was Sp2
Actually...by opinion, sales, bug-reports, incompatability reports, lack of use, and public feedback reports...

Windows-ME was the worst thing to come out of Microsoft.

tried it again but same problem. i am in safemode right now and just wanted to let you guys know that i found a solution on microsoft's website. see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873161

apparently you cant have any UMAX scanner drivers on your computer when you install SP2. This is the perfect description of what happens to me, but I am pretty sure that I have no UMAX scanner drivers on here. I searched my C drive and found a few files with umax in the title but they appear to be support files for autocad and 3d viz.

I had the exact same problem, I used something called emergency boot cd, and reset the MBR, that fixed it. (can also use xp cd)

really? could you please explain how you fixed it in a bit of detail? i am not familiar with what you are talking about. thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom