Windows SP2 killed my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

axiomflash

Baseband Member
I just installed SP2 on my new machine and after that I retarted, and then it restarted, and then it restarted again, endlessly whenever it got to the welcome screen. Eventually I was able to start up in safe mode and uninstall it but it was really screwin things up. I have no idea... has anyone heard of something like this happening before? So much for improving my system ::angry:

I've heard of a bunch of people experiencing weird crap with SP2, but nothing like that.....until now :D

I've seen several "SP2 killed my PC" at this forum. No, you are not the first. Thats why I have chosen to stay away from SP2.

Me neither, Infact its been better with sp2 now , a lot better.!

axiomflash,

Just uninstall sp2 by going into safe mode ,next read the instructions from MS site carefully, and then perform the sp2 upgrade.
Follow this sequence, no jumping around:p

Sign
Codes:)

I've heard a lot of different views on SP2. I installed right after I installed Windows, and never had a single problem. Maybe you might want to try the same and reinstall windows and then sp2.

Elbatrop1 said:
I've heard a lot of different views on SP2. I installed right after I installed Windows, and never had a single problem. Maybe you might want to try the same and reinstall windows and then sp2.

That actually makes very good sense. Maybe the reason that people have had so many problems with SP2 is because they are installing it on an installation of XP that is in dissaray, kinda like the problems you see when upgrading to XP from another Windows OS, but you don't see that problem doing a clean install.

Aside from all the other great stuff with SP2, the war against viruses, pop-ups, and spam, has been a HELL of a lot better since I installed SP2. I love it. I barely have to hassel with anything anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom