Windows sidebar help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you have the sidebar up and right click on it to select the "add gadgets" you can drag those right from the window that appears right onto the desktop that was as well. Apparently the next version of Windows won't even need to see the sidebar if one is in it opened up at all to see gadgets added to the desktop.

Once you have the sidebar up and right click on it to select the "add gadgets" you can drag those right from the window that appears right onto the desktop that was as well. Apparently the next version of Windows won't even need to see the sidebar if one is in it opened up at all to see gadgets added to the desktop.

There's no actual "bar" in 7, but they still snap to the edge of the screen if you put it there, as if there was a sidebar there. There's still also the sidebar.exe process in task manager that's running.

I figured they still had some portion of the sidebar even if no bar would be seen on the desktop itself working off of Vista at this time still. The gadget itself should still be seeing the X for closing that up too I imagine.

Yeah, they have the X and the wrench icon for settings. It's basically the same as Vista's gadgets, except you don't see the actual bar. And you can access your gadgets by just right-clicking on the desktop.

I see they made that an option there like going into the display settings. That more or less kills two birds with one stone! :p You get rid of one annoyance(yaaaaa... man! :D) and add an extra option in the right click menu. "64bit "7" we're waiting here for you!" :p

Okay guys thanks alot... For some reason closing the sidebar didn't come up in my mind... Oh well, problem solved!

I see they made that an option there like going into the display settings. That more or less kills two birds with one stone! :p You get rid of one annoyance(yaaaaa... man! :D) and add an extra option in the right click menu. "64bit "7" we're waiting here for you!" :p

Yeah lol, pretty much. I personally, can't wait for 7 to officially release.

Yeah lol, pretty much. I personally, can't wait for 7 to officially release.

By what I've been hearing so far it will be a far less troublesome version when that comes out over Vista even. Vista was a definite improvement over XP seeing less software hangups! MS is now geared to add automatic maintainence tools like the SuperFetch feature now seen with Vista. Explore the features: SuperFetch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom