Windows service pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I only need to know how to do the sp's manually, i've heard a few files will be modyfied by SP1 and it can be done manually....I don't think that is illegal :)

you should be able to get the sp1 cd from the store for 10.00. it doesn't check for a key if the internet cable isn't hook up while installing it.

I suprise windows update hadn't lock your computer up for having that key

I've had dozen of people bring me a compter that were lock up for having a unlicense key.

never happend to me, but when installing SP I get an error saying your version of windows is illegal please contact your systems admin and it won't install and nothing is locked afterwards

I bought a lot of windows xp cds over the year.

now When I explain that to the microsoft people over the phone, they let me use my XP license for more than one computer. they will give me a new code for a My new personal computer's. I am alway building myself a new computer.

but, don't you dare told them that I told you that. they don't like to do that for everybody.

there are 2 different codes right? the one u type during installation and some other number wich is displayed in MyComputer right? The number looks like this: 3563-543-0000325-56332 (changed it) The last one is the one that determines if the copy/registration is legal right?

Please correct me if I am totally wrong :D

TheMajor said:
never happend to me, but when installing SP I get an error saying your version of windows is illegal please contact your systems admin and it won't install and nothing is locked afterwards

that's wierd

I just fix a lady computer the other day. it wouldn't open on logon saying it was an unlicense key

I'd had other computers with the network and modem drivers were jack up so they would'nt work due to unlicense key.

I had even other computers that would login and get internet, but most programs didn't work right, becase of a unlicense key

some of those computer wouldn't let me reinstall xp, during the boot process it would say ntr.dll nt.dll wouldn't load

my solution?

I would use 3rd party deletion software (you know which one) to erase & secure delete that hard drive. so i could reinstall xp

vance43211 said:

my solution?

I would use 3rd party deletion software (you know which one) to erase & secure delete that hard drive. so i could reinstall xp

huh? why would I reinstall XP? everything works except SP's.

TheMajor said:
there are 2 different codes right? the one u type during installation and some other number wich is displayed in MyComputer right? The number looks like this: 3563-543-0000325-56332 (changed it) The last one is the one that determines if the copy/registration is legal right?

Please correct me if I am totally wrong :D

as far as I know that number has nothing to do with registration. when I tried to activate my computer downstair with this computer's key

it said it couldn't activate the key. then it gave me a couple of options. i pick the one to call manually by phone. I call them and pitched a fit about me buying ten copies of xp and about how I am alway building myself a new computer, and I am sick of paying for new licenses. then they gave me a new number to put it, which if my memory serves me correctly

it was seven series of six digits numbers like

456647-354862-123456-987654-456369-852147-753159

these are made up number of course, then the activation went through

then i immediately backed both computer up with norton ghost, because she told I would have to call her back, if i had to reformat that computer. she said I would need a new number. i didn't want to got through that process again. so i use ghost

TheMajor said:
huh? why would I reinstall XP? everything works except SP's.

I wasn't talking about you.

I was talking about the people computers that i had fix that had an unlicense key. actually I only had to do that to 2 people's computers.
the other people's computer let me reinstall xp the regular way.

but where do u put that number? its too big to enter during installation

as far as I know the number during installation is always fckgw-rhqq2-yxrkt.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom