Windows Service Pack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC Man Brian

In Runtime
Okay the auto updates want me to install Service Pack 2. From what I hear is screws with you're system. Is this true? Should I install it? Someone help me out here.

ive installed xp sp2 on at least 20 or so machines. never had a problem. of course i turn off xp firewall, those damn securty alerts, and the popup blocker.

I installed it when it first came out on my other computer, no problem. Installed it again after a reformat, no problems at all.

Yeah someone like clue me in here. I keep hearing different stuff. I just want to know my best option and I'm hearing a lot of those.

In average terms yes update to SP2 right away via microsoft update. SP2 does not screw up your system in any way never have I had trouble with it installing it on 38 seperate lab machines, and 3 home computers of my own.

Here, clean your system of spyware, cookies, tif's any junk you dont need, backup,etc, update your system with sp2. If it screws your pc up, then do a fresh install. The best way and fastest way is to slipstream it. I have never had a problem doing either.

I have my XP disc but I need to install SP2 and all updates it doesn't even have SP1 installed on it origanally so how can I slip stream the XP OS with all the updates on a PC that already has many programs installed on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom