Windows Server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
I currently run Vista Home Premium X86, and I'm thinking of making a switch to Server 08. MY friend currently runs it, and says he hated Vista, but tried this, and loves it more than XP so I figured if he and I are gonna try and get our VPN working, I might as well switch. Only thing is, I have yet to see any drivers, but he says that you can just download Vista X64 drivers. Comments on that?

Hello,

Your friend is right. Server 08 is based off of the Vista kernel and can use the current Vista drivers. Be it x86 or x64. Just a heads up though. You can NOT run a antivirus like AVG or Avast on there. It must be a Business Edition or Server Edition antivirus installed to work.

Cheers,
Mak

So that means I have to go "buy" AVG business edition? Well that shouldn't be too hard.

Is there a 32bit server, and a 64bit server? Or is it just like a half and half? And have you use it?

Hello,

The Server 08 DVD has both 32 Bit and 64 Bit on it. So you can choose when you install. But yes there is both versions. But availalbe on 1 DVD.

Yes you will have to buy a Business Edition or Server Edition of the Antivirus software you want.

I have used it. I currently run it. I like it. Very good OS. I have customized mine ot work like Vista with the Aero and sidebar and everything. I find it to be more stable and much faster than Vista. But i still like and use Vista as well.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom