windows server 2008 64bit only

Status
Not open for further replies.

servo.tsc

In Runtime
I noticed there is no x86 only a x64 version of the server software. Is Micro$oft planning on a x86 version? My servers don't have 64bit chips in them and i hate to by a 64bit computer just to test the product before an eventual deployment. Is there a way to r 64bit os with out a 64bit processor?
Thank you

There is no way to try 64 Bit on a 32 Bit Chip. From what i see there is a x86 version out there. But you have to go thru not so nice means to get it.

I got mine a month or two before it was release. mine is actually 2007 home sever. I install it to a 32 bit server. this is the first time that I heard that it was 64 bit only

Where I work we have a test server running Server 2008 Enterprise 32 bit version. (Build 6001)

It could be the RC build. those are still active and you can still get them from Microsoft.

Eric Windows Server 2008 is only available right now in 64 Bit flavor. I have checked both MSDN and TechNET. The 32 Bit version is only a leak and not available from Microsoft servers.;)

It could be the RC build. those are still active and you can still get them from Microsoft.

Eric Windows Server 2008 is only available right now in 64 Bit flavor. I have checked both MSDN and TechNET. The 32 Bit version is only a leak and not available from Microsoft servers.;)

it wasn't like that when it first came out. they had to change that later. they have 32 bit versions at microcenter and available from download from ms a few months ago.

without telling too much of my business, I got it from a guy who had the original home server legit copy. he just didn't give me his serial. I'll leave it at that. I almost bought until I realize that it only recognize only one of my 6 scsi drives in raid 5. I have the restore discs and everything

With any bet, it will be x64 only for MS support. They may however release a 32bit version for training/testing purposes (they did this with exchange 2007), but it will not be supported by MS in production environments.

Right now they only have the x64 version of server 2008 out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom