Windows Server 2003 R2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2006, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Windows Server 2003 R2

Hi All,
Ive recently upgraded one of our file servers to MS 2003 R2, and now we're having some issues. First thing noticed was our Veritas Backup Exec wasnt able to back this system up. It would back up all other servers that do not have R2, but just wasnt able to initialize this server. I emailed Veritas, they said we needed to upgrade to Version 10D. I did this, but when I went to send the agent out to remote servers, I noticed the server I installed R2 on isnt listed in the list. I then checked My Network Places, and its not listed in there. I went to the server, tried to browse the domain through MNP, and it didnt even list the domain. One thing I am able to do is search Active Directory, so this tells me DNS is working. Im just not sure how a computer registers itself in My Network Places. I think this is the root of the problem. I checked WINS, and this server is registering itself without issues. There are no issues with mapping drives, network printers or anything with this box.
Closed Thread