Windows Server 2003 help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

firrat

Beta member
I am doing a server building assighnement for my computer class, i have windows server 2003 installed and i have created 5 user accounts that i can access from another computer through the IP address and login. Now I have several folders that i need to give the following rights to and im not exactley sure how to go about it the folder names and requirements are as follows.

Copy - all users should be able to copy data from the folder but not delete, alter or paste info into the folder

Open - anyone can do anything to a file in this folder (im assuming i just leave it the way i have it already for this folder)

submissions - users can put their files here, but not delete or alter others files

ghost - only the administrator can see this folder (or at lease the contents of this folder)

it also says i should avoid using deny rights as much as possible....

how do i make it so it only applies to certain users though? can you be a bit more specific as to what i need to do?

Ok i got almost all the settings working, the only one i cant get to work is "Ghost" i need to make it so only ONE of the users can SEE the folder, it needs to be invisable to the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom