Windows server 2003 dual boot with XP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Windows server 2003 dual boot with XP

I have windows 2003 server running however I know longer need it but I don't wont to wipe it off the system. Is there a way to set up dual boot with xp so I can choose what to log in to. Side note i did not parition the hard drive in the beginning.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Windows server 2003 dual boot with XP

Well you can. Just insert your XP disc and go thru the setup. But when it comes to where to isntall jsut dont use the default Windows folder that it wants. Create a folder called XP or something like that.

A bit of advice. Since you did not partition i would suggest you get PArtition magic or GParted and create a partition with your free space. Then isntall XP. Having 2 OS's on the same drive at any time is nothing but trouble waiting to happen.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off