Window's Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeboy84

Baseband Member
Hi, im not that new to window and i know a lot of tricks and that. I was just wondering if there is a way where i can hide files from the add and remove program. IM on windows xp pro. And also is there a way to find out if ur harddrive ihas a 8mb buffer.

Delete the folder of the program that you want to hide in Add/Rem. Programs list, from this registry place. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
Important Note:Backup the registry values. To do, right click the application folder and select "export" for further operations. Otherwise you won't be able to uninstall that program.

IT still shows for some reason, except just 2 files isn't showing, but there is 1 file thats showing, it is in 2 folders though, Silicon Soft>Urban Terror

and finding out if your drive has an 8 MB buffer or not...

right click 'My Computer' --> 'Manage' ---> 'Device Manager'

look for your hard drive in the list to the right. do a search on the internet for the model number that is provided. you'll be able to find the specs with this information. ;)

look for your hard drive in the list to the right. do a search on the internet for the model number that is provided. you'll be able to find the specs with this information.
Or just pop the case open and look at the label on the drive...

Anyway, regardless of removing the program from the Add/Remove dialog...WHY would you want to do that?

so his parents don't know he installed that naughty awful new game they told him not to get......geesh, do we have to explain everything? lololol hahahaha j/k........prolly so someone doesn't uninstall his stuff but that really wouldjnt stop someone

there is a link on the registry you can just a H to that program and it will hide it. It has been awile since I have done it so I don't know where it is at. I sure somebody here does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom