windows registry help

Status
Not open for further replies.

traemyn

Beta member
For one of my jobs I work in a computer lab for my university and provide basic support and give people their printouts etc.. really boring stuff and 95% of the time I sit here and do nothing :D. So I need something to pass the time but the admins have setup the computers so that the registry cannot be changed. The problem I have is that the game I want to play makes a cdkey registry check before I can play it so it crashes when it can't find that reg. key.

I've have used the registry some but not enough to know if there is a way around this. Anyone have ANY ideas?

thanks!

Admins force that policy for a reason.Going around the back door will proable get you in trouble.Realy not worth getting kicked out of school for a game.

It really depends on the way I got it working imo. If someone posts something like "ok well you gotta hack the admin account using a linux boot disk, clear the passwords, then blah blah..." I would not even consider going that far. But if its as simple as creating my own registry key file or modifiying another its not a big deal and I woulnd't get kicked out of school for it no matter what you say. In theory I could be kicked out of school for many other things as well ala drinking (which I don't btw) but am I? No, they give you 3-4 chances before they do anything major I know for a fact. Same thing with this if they decided I was doing something "bad."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom