Windows Reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerves

Baseband Member
Hay, I have a problem. I bought a used notebook and did not receve the windows disk. Now I need to reformat but can't without the disk. I have all the windows info such as the product code. Is there any way around this problem?

download the disk off the internet, but since you have a legit key it will be fine. i don't think i can tell you where to get it though, also see if someone can let you borrow a disc tell them you don't need their key just the disc

copy the content of that to a usb or external hdd. then get a bartpe disc. then post back

Not sure what a bartpe disk is. I also dont have access to a external hdd or usb. Would another networked computer's hdd work? Can I just burn the tourrent to a DVD?

I'm not talking about torrents. you have a windows install directory on your drive. use google for bartpe. then borrow another hdd

Dude, your going to have to put that in English for me. I'm very new to all this. My hard drive has two partishions, C:/ for general and D:/ for recovery. What is bartpe? Is it a file type? And what is hdd? Sorry this is such a pain for you, every one has to start somewhere though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom