Windows rebooting its self due to crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know i googled it and i found that that it can be caused by that so i changed it back to default the pagefile and now im getting dmp files..but that dont matter right now anyway was just saying that cause with previous crashes i couldnt see if it was the same as this one the cause so i guess i have to wait for another one and see if its the same cause listed and then we are back to square one

You need to realize that Google is not the end all of answers when it comes to Windows. It doesnt spider Microsoft pages. So the answers you are getting are coming from sites just like this and those people maybe, and from the sounds of it, are completely off the wall. The pagefile being on the other drive means nothing. Microsoft suggests you move it. Why would they do that if it caused such issues with the minidump files?

Did you check the Event Viewer?

i totally get what your saying and it didnt seem right to me either but as soon as i changed the pagefile back to default dmp files were created again when i had a crash

even viewer doesnt show anything noteworthy

Then the crashes are not due to the hal.dll file. That was the only dump you got cause it had trouble restarting after the crash. Which means you got a crash without any reports. That leads to only 1 thing. High Temps.

thats one of the things i was thinking..but dont know why i would have high temps now all the sudden after almost 5 years of running this pc..and i actually just cleaned up inside the case

power supply problems can also cause the exact same issue right?

what sux is i cant see temps of anything except my drives because the pc being old there isnt sensors for anything else

my main drive runs on the warmer side..whats the max it would have to reach to cause a restart..unfortunately cant see cpu or gpu temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom