Parameter 2 : 0x804f4d12
Parameter 3 : 0x86a24d28
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+2100
File Description : Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini010411-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 2600

not sure what is causing this problem any help would be greatly appreciated

Your hal.dll file is corrupted. It needs to be either fixed or replaced.

2 answers.

1. Any search engine can tell you.

how to replace hal.dll - Bing
how to replace hal.dll - Google Search

2. When will people learn that not a single person in the world can ever explain how something like this happens? Not a single person in the world knows what you have installed, how you use your machine daily, what you do with it daily in order to know how such a thing can occur. So to answer the question, no i do not have any idea how it got corrupted. No one in the world can answer such a question cause there is no way for us to answer it.

2 answers.

1. Any search engine can tell you.

how to replace hal.dll - Bing
how to replace hal.dll - Google Search

2. When will people learn that not a single person in the world can ever explain how something like this happens? Not a single person in the world knows what you have installed, how you use your machine daily, what you do with it daily in order to know how such a thing can occur. So to answer the question, no i do not have any idea how it got corrupted. No one in the world can answer such a question cause there is no way for us to answer it.

ok firstly how am i suppose to know its not certain thigns that cause the issue thats why i asked if its anything that can cause such an issue then i wouldnt have asked i just dont know about the issue so i asked incase there were specifics thigns that were known to cause the issue

2nd i googled and everything i see talks about it being a boot error with a message i dont have that problem i have basically bsod without the bluescreen

Your using a PC so you should at least know and understand such basics of file corruption happens. No one knows why and no one can explain why. Do we ever know every single thing that happens and for what reason? Of course not. Using a PC is no different than knowing why a person decided to jump off a bridge and record it to put on YouTube. Your the one using the machine, how can you expect someone to be able to answer a question about it when they are not there using it with you? Logic dictates that no one can answer the question.

2nd how is getting a BSoD before Windows loads not a boot problem? You are getting a crash, you just dont see the BSoD cause you dont have your machine setup to not auto restart on system failure. So right away you get a BSoD and a second later it reboots and restarts the process. Hit F8 after your BIOS screen, select the option not to auto restart, and you will see the BSoD. You wouldnt get minidump files without a BSoD. It just doesnt happen. Just like you cant get a BSoD without a Blue screen. It just cant happen. Windows is not coded to skip the BSoD nor is it coded to create minidumps without them.

So yes you do have a boot problem, yes those answers will help. Replace the hal.dll file.

Your using a PC so you should at least know and understand such basics of file corruption happens. No one knows why and no one can explain why. Do we ever know every single thing that happens and for what reason? Of course not. Using a PC is no different than knowing why a person decided to jump off a bridge and record it to put on YouTube. Your the one using the machine, how can you expect someone to be able to answer a question about it when they are not there using it with you? Logic dictates that no one can answer the question.

2nd how is getting a BSoD before Windows loads not a boot problem? You are getting a crash, you just dont see the BSoD cause you dont have your machine setup to not auto restart on system failure. So right away you get a BSoD and a second later it reboots and restarts the process. Hit F8 after your BIOS screen, select the option not to auto restart, and you will see the BSoD. You wouldnt get minidump files without a BSoD. It just doesnt happen. Just like you cant get a BSoD without a Blue screen. It just cant happen. Windows is not coded to skip the BSoD nor is it coded to create minidumps without them.

So yes you do have a boot problem, yes those answers will help. Replace the hal.dll file.

didnt deny the first part im just saying sometimes theres specific reasons files can get corrupted i didnt know if this particular issue had some history of specific things causing it thats all thats the only reason i asked what i did but anyway..

i never said i get this problem before windows load it happens randomly while im actually in windows and doing whatever..i can be browsing the web or i can be in office i could be doing anything..my pc can be up for 2 hours or 8 hours it happens randomly while im actually in windows therefor it is not a boot problem by any means

in the startup and recovery settings i already have it set to not to automatically restart on a system crash yet it still isnt showing me an actually blue screen its just rebooting and then i have to view the dmp file

Then you have an error that i have never seen nor heard of before. I have never seen a system crash while in use from the hal.dll file. That is new to me. The info you posted says it is that. But that would be the first time i seen a system crash live from it. Are you sure that there are no other dump files to analyze or are you just taking the most recent one?

that is def the only one in the dmp folder..ive had this crash a few times in the last week or so..during that time i didnt notice that it wasnt saving dmp fiels because my pagefile was on a different drive so i changed back to default settings so it would save the dmp file so this is the only one i have as of now so i cant confirm whether those other crashes had the same message or what

The pagefile being on a different drive doesnt have anything to do with the dump files. Mine is not stored on the same drive and yet i get them all. You will have to check your Event Viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom