Windows problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingFalls

In Runtime
Okay, for some reason, Windows asked me to start up with the check disk utility, so I let it go about its business, which should have taken 5 minutes, so I left it and when I came back, it was somewhere around stage 3, deleting my invalid security IDs and replacing them with defaults, already at around 40,000.

I stopped it and just skipped the check, and now, Windows takes an eternity to load up, the start bar is missing the first couple seconds, the language bar is on the left instead of right side, I can't log into MSN, none of the windows I open show up on the bar, and some other problems.

Is this a Windows related problem or a virus?
Also, I can't use System Restore for some reason, a pop up saying "System restore cannot protect your computer, please restart your computer then use System Restore again".

So yeah, how do I fix this..

When my Windows gets that corrupted, I'd just flat out reinstall it. Use a secondary hard drive to back up your data then completely wipe and reinstall it.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really would give a LOT not to lose all my data on this hard drive, since I don't have a backup.

I can't guarentee whatever is messing up is in the one folder I have all my files I could just burn a DVD of, so how would I keep my data and fix this problem?

The truth is you might not be able to do that. Try doing a repair install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom