Windows privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSky

Beta member
Well this is a kind of a long one, so bear with me.
You can read the Story if you want else just skip to the last paragraph, which is written in blue

I was getting ready to reformat my PC, and start from scratch, and was deleting some files before i started. Uninstalled everything unnecessary that i had on my pc before backing up some important stuff in my computer(i was just going to use a partition and drop them all in there instead of using a disc or w/e...). However this ended up in me uninstalling a Language pack(korean) and forgot to edit the options in Regional Settings(Language packs,etc) to just english and restarted... :( when my pc started i had error which said that /windows is corrupt and needs repairing, blah blah blah... i figured it was because i forgot to do that and well got frustrated...

Since I still hadn't backed up the files i needed i decided to install a new copy of windows under /windows2 directory, and started from scratch everything was great and tried accessing my old account in the other windows installation by going to Documents and Settings however i don't have "permission" to access this folder. I just need to save a few files from My documents.

So my question is, Is there a way of avoiding or overriding this Access Denied Message? Yes This account has Administrator Rights, but since its in another installation of windows(same partition, different folder).. i don't exactly what to do here.. -_-

deniedah5.png

http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137164

Apokalipse said:
follow these instructions:

1. reboot the PC

2. before Windows loads, press F8

3. choose Safe Mode

4. once it boots up, log on to the account called "Administrator" (this only shows up in Safe Mode)

5. once you have logged on, right click the folder, and go to "Sharing and Security"

6. click the "security" tab

7. click "advanced"

8. go to the "owner" tab

9. click your user name

10. click "replace owner on subcontainers and objects"

11. click "apply"

12. reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom