Windows PowerShell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndzi23

Beta member
When I came home and used my computer I had noticed that Windows PowerShell was something new on my computer under Accessories. What is it and why was it all of a sudden on my computer? I am not a technical person, so basic language would be great! I just don't know if it was part of an update or what. Under properties of it it shows it was created at 3 in the morning! Any help would be appreciated. Do I have to keep it?

Thanks for the information but that still doesn't explain to me why it would show up on my computer out of nowhere, was it an update that my computer that did it by itself? Plus, I don't understand all the "admin" stuff and whatnot... just simple terms would be great it anyone else knows!

Sorry but there are really no simple terms. If you dont understand the "Admin" stuff then there isnt going to be terms that can be used to describe what PowerShell is. It is a more powerful form of the Command Prompt for System Administrators. It is the new DOS in Windows. That is what it is.

It has always been there. It is installed by default with Win7. It is just that you never noticed it cause it was never mentioned before now.

Start>All Programs>Accessories>PowerShell

That folder has been there since the install. It was updated with SP1 which is why you see it now. But it was always there.

That is what it is. It is a power shell. It is an Admin Tool. It was always there you just never noticed it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom