windows pic and fax viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
ive somehow lost the link to the windows picture and fax viewer, the program i use to view pictures. its still somewhere on the system b/c my pix open in it, but i dont see it in the start menu. i tried looking for the application in the windows directory, didnt notice anything there. can anyone advise?

also i tried opening the IE tifs in this program, but they all insisted on opening in firefox, my default browser. why is this? is there someway i can get the option to open them in my program of choice, which is now a browser? these were gifs and jpgs.

any recommendations on simple programs to view files besides the abovementioned? and any specific reason for the recommendation, and reason to switch viewers?

thanks H. actually yes that works with all pix in general, however the TIF's i didnt have the right-click/open-with option. go figure.

TIFF's are not supported by the viewer you are using. You will need to find a program that can support the .tiff extension. They maybe image files but they are not just a .jpeg, .jpg or .gif file with a different extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom