Windows Password Reset Disks/Tools etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is an easy way to change the password of a user account you don't know the old password to.

start - run - cmd

type: net user (username you want to change the password of) *

it will ask you for the new password

the * means "change password"

so here's an example:

net user dude *

you can also use this command to add or delete accounts quicker than through the control panel

Im still really confused.

How exactly do the programs work or what do you do?

Say for instance if I downloaded the "Boot Disk Image" , Do I burn that onto a cd and then pop it in the locked computer and restart the pc or burn it and pop it in with the computer on and it takes over on its on?

I need to know how this worked. I just bought a computer from Salvation Army and cant get past the Windows Log on screen so I need to know how to use this program to be able to pass the log on screen.

Thanks,
Kris

so how do you use the austrumi? is it just burn it to a CD and boot from the CD? im not sure because there wasnt a read me file on it.

if you don't have any software to reset... I pull the battery in the board or get a coin and carefully ground it.... for the professional technique only...:)

just keep pressing F8 when you have swicted it on, it will give u a load of boot options n choose start windows in safe mode, when it loads windows up on the logon menu choose administrator(which will appear in safe mode) n u will be able to change the password without knowing the old 1, on the account which is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom