Windows OneCare Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEs Windows OneCare does have an AntiVirus. It wasnt bought off of anyone as far as i can remember. There was no announcement on wny aquirement of an AntiVirus company from M$.

So that owuld just lead me to think that they actually wrote the application themselves. Since it is to protect windows who would know better then them. As for the Virus def's it wouldnt be to hard fro them to get their hands on a set and then just switch them to their application.

I will have a look see and find out if they did get this from someone else. I was in the Beta for this long before it went public. ;)

I was asking because I know they purchased their AntiSpyware off a third party company. Would there be any other reason to purchase a third party AV with this available?

Well Anti-Spyware is good. But that doesnt help prevent the viruses. So that could be why they added teh AV to the OneCare. I did look at the message boards and all that but found nothing of them getting the App from a 3rd party. So that just leads me to think that they did in fact write this app.

Also its not that they purchased the anti-spyware off a 3rd party. They actually bought the 3rd party. It was originally fro GiantSoftware which M$ bought out. Go figure. But in the case of the AV that isnt so. ;)

Well, I'm all up for a suite to cover all the bases.. so it's good news I suppose. Less resources in most cases.

synth7 said:
$49/month is more like it. Beta testers get it for like $19.95/mo I hear.
Why would you say that when I've used the beta for awhile and was never charged.... But yeah this will be a service you pay for when it's complete.

Tyler you might not have been charged since you are MSDN. I am not MSDN but i did have to pay $9.99 for a year subscription to OIneCare when i was accepted to the Beta.

Also Tyler did you get accepoted back when OneCare was first released or when it went to Live.com? I was on the Beta Before it went to live.com. I was accepted to OneCare backin Aug of last year. I still hvae the email also. ;) So when i did it i had to buy my subscription since it wasnt Public yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom